jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2008

Assignment 5: let's go to the cinema!

The last movie I saw in the cinema was Wall-e, that was like two months ago... Apparently I don't go very often to the cinema, that's because I usually download movies from Internet to save money.

When I went to saw Wall-e it was because me and my boyfriend invited my little brother for his birthday. We went there to saw an other movie, but the tickets were off, so we have to settle with the other movie. At first we didn't have faith in this movie, we thought it will be a little boring and for very small children. But when we started to saw it we realized that it wasn't that bad.


The movie was about a very nice and old robot, Wall-e, who was in charge of decontaminate the earth while all the people that's lives there was having vacations in a spaceship manipulated by other robots.


Wall-e works alone in the earth until Eva, another robot, that cames for the spaceship, arrived. The two robot after some figths started a friendship relation. Wall-e shows the world to Eva, and all the things that he has found in between the garbage that people leave before going on there vacations. But when he shows Eva a plant something strange happen, she go off and a little spaceship take her away.


After that it happens many things that you will discover if you see the movie. I recommended because is a very sweet movie, with a beautiful relation, and a interesting moral.

1 comentario:

Juan Luzzi dijo...

Javiera, I’m sure you can do a lot better than this. You’ve made mistakes you don’t usually make when you speak. What I value is that you have made an effort to tell what the plot of the film is about. Please study the rules and correct the words in parenthesis.
JL


The last movie I saw in the cinema was Wall-e, that was like two months ago... Apparently I don't go very often to the cinema, that's because I usually download movies from Internet to save money.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1) WENT TO+ INFINITIVE. Ex. I WANTED TO GO / WE DECIDED TO SEE IT / SHE STARTED TO LAUGH /Etc. PLEASE CORRECT ACCORDINGLY.
2) COMPARE :
-‘I,WE,HE,SHE,THEY’ (Subjects that do the action. They go before the verb) Ex. I went… / We saw… / etc.
-‘ME,US , HIM,HER,THEM’(Subjects that receive the action. They go after verbs and prepositions) Ex. They help me / Listen to him / Ignore them / etc

When I (went to saw) Wall-e it was because (me and my boyfriend) invited my little brother for his birthday. AT FIRST we (went there to saw) another movie, but the tickets HAD BEEN SOLD OUT, so we (have) to MAKE DO with the other movie THAT WAS PLAYING.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
-The past of ‘will’ is ‘would’. Ex.
I think he will come later / I thought he would come later.
I’m sure she will be there / I was sure she would be there.

At first we didn't have faith in this movie, (we thought it will be) a little boring and for very small children. But when we (started to saw it) we realized that it wasn't that bad.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-After prepositions ( with, without,at, for, of, in, etc.) the verbs adds ‘ing’

people that'(-) lives ( Use past of live)there was (people is plural, so use’ were’ )having


Ex. He left without saying goodbye / I’m good at dancing / She’s tired of waiting / etc.
The movie was about a very nice and old robot, Wall-e, who was in charge (of decontaminate) the earth while all (the people that'(-) lives there was having) vacations in a spaceship manipulated by other robots.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Wall-e works alone ON earth until Eva, another robot, (that cames) for the spaceship, arrived. After some figHTs the two robots started a friendship relation. Wall-e shows the world to Eva, and all the things that he has found in the garbage that people leave before going on THEIR vacations. But when he shows Eva a plant something strange happen, she goES (off) and a little spaceship (take) her away. ( IF YOU ARE USING PRESENT, CONTINUE USING IT)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DO YOUMEAN?:
What happens next is what you will discover if you see this film.
If you see this movie you will find out what happens next

(??????????????????) After that it happens that you will discover if you see the movie.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
PLEASE PROVIDE THE CORRECT PRONOUNS:

I recommended (WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND) because (WHAT IS A BEAUTIFUL STORY) is a very sweet movie, with a beautiful relationSHIP, and An interesting moral.